|Owners:||Wicked Witch of the West|
|Fairy Tale:||The Wizard of Oz|
|Usage:||Summons 'army' of flying monkeys to do whatever the wearer wants; modernised function includes doubling as a drinking hard hat.|
|Appearances:||The Unusual Suspects|
- “One of the most interesting things the Wicked Witch ever owned.”
- ~ Mirror, commenting about the Golden Cap, from The Unusual Suspects
The Golden Cap is a magical item first recorded by L. Frank Baum. The wearer can summon a group of flying monkeys and command them to do their bidding.
According to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the Cap was made by princess Gayelette as a wedding present for Quelala. Gayelette, also being a sorceress, punished the Winged Monkeys after they tricked Quelala by making them slaves of the hat. Quelala used to hat and commanded the monkeys to stay away from Gayelette.
The Wicked Witch of the West attained the Golden Cap over time, and used it first to conquer a place called Winkie County, then fend off Oz, and lastly capture Dorothy and her companions.
After the witch was defeated, Dorothy used to cap to travel back to Emerald City, then to Quadling County. Glinda took the cap, returned Dorothy's comrades back home, then freed the Winged Monkeys.
Just like in the book, there was a set of instructions in the hat that the wearer had to follow in order to summon the monkeys.
- First, stand upon the left foot and say "Ep-pe, Pep-pe, Kak-ke."
- Then, stand upon the right foot and say "Hil-lo, hol-lo, hel-lo."
- Finally, stand on both feet and shout "Ziz-zy, zuz-zy, zik!"
- “The Witch was a huge sports fan.”
- ~ Mirror, from The Unusual Suspects
The modernized version of the Cap described in "The Unusual Suspects" is a gold-colored hard hat with the letters EMERALD CITY GREEN SOX printed in large green letters on the front. Two soda cans are attached on each side with straws running out of them that ended near the chin.
|The Sisters Grimm Navigation|